05 October 2015

Our Story

I have prayed about this post since December 4, 2014. Not because I was anxious to share the story about our struggle, but simply because I knew that the Lord wouldn't want me to be quiet about what He was going to do in our lives. In the midst of trials and difficulties, God has revealed Himself in such a near and intimate way. This has been the absolute hardest season we have ever experienced, but through it, we have seen the Lord work and heard from the Lord like never before.

I asked the Lord if I should share our miscarriage story in detail, but He said, "Nope, tell them what I've done". There really is nothing great about our trial except for what the Lord has done through it. I would be more than happy to share my story as the Lord leads me to, but I don't think that's just yet. :)

So in a very short story, on December 3rd, Cody and experienced our first miscarriage at 12.5 weeks. The Lord's nearness in our experience and pain was absolutely unreal. He spoke these verses to our hearts just that night alone: "My strength is made perfect in your weakness" (2 Cor. 12:9), "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord(2 Cor. 5:8), "all things work together for good to those who love God" (Romans 8:28). The Lord in His great and mighty presence spoke His Word to our hearts in the most needed times. That alone will always be so sweet to us!

Every normal person battles with the question, "Why?". "Why, Lord, when we did everything right? Why, Lord, when we didn't miss a single day or night to pray for our child?" And the Lord answered us with Acts 17:27, "so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, thought He is not far from each one of us;" And Ecclesiastes 3:1to everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven:" I have seen the Lord live out Ecclesiastes 3 in our lives in such a rad way. We've had times of sorrow, deep sorrow, and the Lord gave us sweet seasons of laughter. It was so encouraging to see the Lord bring us in and out of those seasons and recognize that the seasons of laughter in our home were from Him. (we even had a few seasons of dancing in there, too!)

Months after, the Lord reminded me of how He answered one of our prayers. On my way to work the morning I found out I was pregnant, I prayed that our child would grow up knowing and living for the Lord, that our child would ultimately know Christ personally. We prayed this all the time for our child. God reminded me that through this trial, that prayer alone was answered. As sad as our story may be, God answered our prayer from the beginning, from the day we found out we conceived. Again, that alone gives us so much peace!

In March, we experienced our second miscarriage at 6 weeks. We got to a place where we were lost and so confused and shocked that we lost another child. We prayed asking the Lord what He wanted us to do next. It really went something like this, "Lord, what in the world are we supposed to do now?" One night, Cody prayed that the Lord would speak to me in my dreams. That night, I had a dream that someone was speaking to me and they were giving me different verses from the Bible. In response, I was writing them down. I woke up while receiving the third verse that said this, " I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go". (Psalm 32:8) "Well, Lord, okay then!

I could seriously write forever about all the Lord has done in and through us. Ultimately, I want to share how the Lord was so near to us and ANYONE can have that same nearness with the Lord. I will admit it has been quite a roller coaster of seasons and when we say it has been heavy and dark, we mean it! But my desire is to "rejoice in HOPE of the GLORY of GOD"(Romans 5:2).

 Our message to you: Don't miss out! Don't rob yourself from all God has to speak into your life by wasting it on temporary things! Investing in things made by man mean nothing if you don't know the Lord and what He speaks in His Word. Read His Word! Satan is winning if your Bible is collecting dust. God's Word is living and active and wants to transform your life! Get to it, friends! Get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment